Asbestos Removal

Asbestos is found in homes, workplace, construction and home improvement-related operations. If left undisturbed risks of exposure to asbestos are low. When disturbed very small asbestos fibers are released into the air and when the fibers are breathed in, they can become entrapped in the lungs, over time these fibers can cause health problems.

Many buildings contain asbestos, which was used in spray applied flame retardant, thermal system insulation, and in a variety of other materials. Asbestos was sometimes “flocked” above false ceilings, inside technical ducts, and in many other small spaces where firefighters would have difficulty gaining access. Structural components like asbestos panels were also used. .

AtticFiveStars Construction - Asbestos Removal

Asbestos FAQs

No. Mold spores are actually a natural element in all household dust, and in this context they are perfectly safe for healthy people. It is only when molds multiply and grow to considerable quantities that they can become hazardous.

Is all asbestos and lead-based paint hazardous?

Asbestos in buildings is also generally safe because it is usually sealed off in some way, such as inside the dry-wall plaster, tile or other materials in which it was used. It only becomes hazardous when it is exposed and therefore can become airborne. This may happen when the dry-wall plaster is drilled into, when the tiles break, or any other situation in which the asbestos fibers inside the material become dislodged and exposed.

What are the health effects of exposure to high quantities of mold?

Exposure to high quantities of mold can cause allergic and respiratory problems. In the case of toxic molds, exposure can cause neurological problems and even death.

Facts about asbestos:

  • Asbestos is a highly toxic material that can cause mesothelioma, a deadly lung cancer.
  • It causes many types of respiratory cancers and conditions when inhaled/exposed.
  • NAsbestos microscopic fibres enter the lungs and settle onto the tissues.
  • Asbestos is tasteless and odorless, staying undetected unless special tests are performed.
  • Found in many old items manufactured items between the 1940’s and 1980’s.
  • You can live or work in a home/building containing asbestos for years and not know it.

We look forward to providing a responsive, safe, and cost-effective solution to residential and commercial clients that align with all asbestos abatement requirements and standards.